Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Third time Lucky??

As the name suggests, this is my third post on the blog and its about luck. Well, people may use a different version of the word luck spelt with a different letter at its beginning to express their exasperation at my third attempt (in vein?) at excelling in creative non-sense as I choose to call this. Anyway people do have a choice not to visit this space. By the way you can see people from which part of the world visited this space. Sadly my ignorant mind has not been able to find a widget, which will reveal the identity of the visitors, yet.

Anyway, I chose to write about luck today, because the first comment ever, in the history of mankind on my blog(posted by my extremely talented friend Lara) , urged me to write about the great encounters between great tennis players like Federer and Nadal, given the context of the recently concluded French Open. Now what has it got to do with Luck. Perhaps nothing much! But it has got to do about being third time Lucky!

This was the third consecutive time that Roger (By the way I have named my Labrador dog by the name of my favourite tennis start Roger) Federer reached the final at Roland Garros. And like the last two times, I was telling myself , maybe this is the year when he does it . But alas! he wasnot lucky enough. Well I would have said so had I not watched the match. The way Nadal played, was just Federeresque! I think, but for Nadal Federer would have won at least two more French Opens and but for Federer Nadal would have won at least one wimbledon till now! Still , I guess it was not Federer's shortage of luck which made him lose this time. But yes, he was not 'third time lucky!'

Luck, I guess, is randomly distributed in equal amounts to people. I guess , people with positive attitude and hard working nature tend to spend less of their allotted quota of luck, while others tend to spend more. Anyway, I am not going to add some more luck to my quota by blabbering here so that will be all.

For those of you who think I can write much better than this , I too think so and it will take some time for me to be at my best. Those who dont think that I cannot do any better, well, you are having a chance to see my best work! So Enjoy!

1 comment:

KGV said...

Federer By the way went on to win French Open in 2009 and Finally he was Lucky!!!