Saturday, July 19, 2008

Mind your own business..

Well, Its not the most polite thing to be told to people unless, one is talking in terms of entrepreneurship. Yours truly, is seriously thinking about being an entrepreneur , and has put his hands (and even his brains and mind) to it. Well, it will be quite premature to disclose the 'million dollar' idea now (I shall be happy even if I end up making a million rupees in topline :-)). But I shall still give some clues through this post.

One of the most dignified ways to fame and popularity goes through pen (most involve pain but this one involves a pen... No pun intended). Some writers have really make it big through their powers of expression. I was once told that J.K. Rowling has more wealth than the queen of england. Now if one decided not to challenge the veracity of that claim and accepts this statement, then it is a huge thing. I dont see anyway in which I can be richer than , leave apart some dynastic king, king khan (Shah Rukh Khan) of bollywood. (Although I know I have the potential ;-) to make it bigger than him ). So the point is , one can make it big through writing. So I opened up this blog site, but hardly a few visit this space and all I have got for this is one comment from a friend and fellow blogger. So I really doubt whether there will be many people who shall be interested in reading books written by me. But do you think that it is a fair assumption??
I dont think so.. Blog has got some limitations. Not everyone reads many blogs but almost everyone tries his or her hand at it once. So in the jungle of all this blogs the real fruit baring trees tend to get lost. And unless you have published some of your work , how can you be so sure that you are not as good? I for one cannot believe unless it is proved beyond doubts that I lack the ability. Most of the greats went on to become greats only after being belittled by someone. To quote an example, when the telephone was invested, people ridiculed Graham Bell, and said that why will someone want to listen to weak voice signals when one can clearly communicate things in written through telegrams!! Still Graham Bell believed in his idea and today we can hardly do without a phone! So I have decided that I am going to publish a book, no matter whether there are any takers for it. I shall write for my expression and not for profit. I shall get it printed and I myself shall gift it to some people and if some publisher really likes it then who knows, I may get an offer for getting it published through him. I believe!

2 comments:

The Big K said...

Kartik,

Welcome to blogging. I've been blogging for couple of years now and I think I have few things to say.

First of all, don't expect huge traffic on your blog. You've just started. Just keep adding fantastic/original stuff and you'll have your own fan following. I've read your articles and you're good, neh, goodest ;-) .

Just be regular & keep writing. Write for yourself, not for the anyone else :) .

We all look forward to you being a successful entrepreneur & blogger (and writer as well).

http://superblog.crazyengineers.com

Vibhushan said...

Welcome to the world on entrepreneurship. I would say you are lucky if you are finding critics for your idea right from the word go; and you are managing to hold on to your belief. Idea will evolve, and you might hit success riding on altogether different concept than what you have in mind. But the key to success would be your unbeatable desire to succeed as an entrepreneur. Becoming a successful enrepreneur should be your goal, how you reach there is what becomes your idea.

And while you are talking about entrepreneurship, you might find this post on my blog interesting :
http://wellmaybeurcorrect.blogspot.com/2008/07/fools-rush-in.html

Happy blogging. Waiting for more posts on this blog.