Tuesday, July 22, 2008

If...

I was just wondering the other day , if I had the kind of access to net (which by the way can be termed as 24x7 theoritically , although practically its much less owing to the greatest ever electricity generationa and distribution company ever to have operated in central India in the history of mankind, and other network problems) how different my life would have been. Now , at 24, with a sense that every moment that I waste is a real wastage of time as well as money (considering the opportunity cost of not working, as I am on a study leave), I sometimes think twice before doing stuff that interests me (The only difference being I now think twice before doing, I still do it). I think this feeling tends to take out the creative edge of the writing (as if there was any earlier). Had it been college days (I know I am still at a college but this is a B-school), I would just have poured out stuff here without thinking a moment about what I am wasting or investing into it.
Orkutting , one of my best pastimes during my office slack days, would also have been so much different. By the way, I for one am a big Orkut fan. It offers you a peep into lives of so many people (I know its quite human to feel the urge to peep into someone's life and it is equally human to pretend that it was never the case with you :-) ). For the competetitive souls its a kind of motivation to better, as in if this fellow could go places so could I!! It tells you a lot about how 'busy' people spend their time. And last but not the least, its one of those places where you can tell the world about yourself even if nobody wants to know about it. So I am a big orkut fan. But if I think the B-school way, it is a big big time pass. At the end of the day you find out that all you have done is to have seen some photographs that you could well have done without ever having fixated your eyes on, you have entered some text into some text boxes which ivokes predictable responses, at best you have told the world how much you love/like your friend through a testimonial but even that doesn't have a market of readers.
Now when I analyze (I generally do it, I used to do it even before I joined a B-School) these two shcools of thoughts, I get confused. The first one is something emanating from my heart which asks me to do things the way I like them and not to bother much about the inflows and outflows of energies and resources, while the other one is a brain oriented and money minded. The interesting thing is that the B-school people say that one should follow one's heart while at college everyone is hell bent on being 'process oriented' .
If .. I could make out what really is one supposed to do, the college (or follow your heart) approach will make me brag about it here in my blog. While the B-school (or its all about brain and money) approach will entail me to pass on the baton of knowledge to the world. Which again shall bring me back here! So whenever I figure it out I shall come back and express my views here.

Till the next time I choose to write something here, I wish you all good luck. Better luck to those who read these blogs regularly and the Best Luck to those who having read this creative non-sense take time out and post their comments!! Thanks a lot for your views! Till the next time , its KGV here signing off (with a poem)

Today I thought I should Write
because I knew it was right
disagree on it you might
In that case you again write
because if I am wrong and you write
it will be some kind of a fight
but if you are wrong then nothings right
coz two wrongs never make one right!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wah wah... Wah..... common common Kadtikkkk....

Unknown said...

Amazing.... KGV, you are so talented... mind blowing!!! you are the real fundoo aadmi... aye aye!!!!